ALM® 12V35s / 12V35i HP LiFePO4 battery system
High Performance, Long Lasting, Safe Batteries for Tough, Critical Applications
NEC Energy Solutions ALM® family of lithium-ion batteries offers exceptional performance and long operating life. The ALM 12V35 delivers significant advantages over lead-acid batteries:
- High energy capacity even under high discharge rate and deep cycling
- Industry-leading service life in both cycling and float applications
- EverSafe™ Battery Technology. with protection at the cell, battery, and system level
The intelligent ALM 12V35 product line offers up to twice the usable energy, 50X greater cycle life, and 100X faster charging than typical lead-acid batteries. The ALM12V35 is available in standard (s), intelligent (i), and High Power (HP) series to match application requirements. The i-Series offer integrated CAN or SMbus communications for access to critical battery status, usage tracking, State of Charge (SOC), run time to empty, and other parameters.
- Power delivery at up to 6C (210A) discharge rates while maintaining 100% of rated capacity, requiring fewer batteries for backup runtime from 10 minutes to 8 hours.
- Fast charging, allowing full charge from 100% discharge depth in less than 10 minutes, dramatically improving the availability of portable devices such as medical equipment.
- Exceptional cycle life even at repeated deep, fast operating cycles, opening the possibility of batteries outlasting the equipment they serve.
- Superior float service and calendar life, virtually eliminating the need for battery servicing and replacement in many back-up power applications.
- Excellent performance in partial state-of-charge applications such as off-grid power systems, eliminating the complicated charging regimes required to protect the life of typical of lead-acid batteries.
TOUGH, CRITICAL APPLICATIONS
- Consistent performance across temperature extremes (-40ºC and +60ºC), dramatically outperforming even temperature-optimized lead-acid batteries in demanding environments, such as telecom outside plant equipment.
- Lightweight – less than half the weight of equivalent lead-acid batteries – simplifying use in portable equipment or outside equipment.
- Simply scalable up to 48 V and 18kWh configurations without external controls
- EverSafe™ Battery Technology. providing built-in, fully redundant, electronic fusing and sensing protection against short circuits, over-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature conditions, with automatic recovery.
- Tested and proven against the latest UL and IEC standards for assured safety.
- Inherently safe, abuse tolerant, Nanophosphate® LiFePO4 chemistry
I-SERIES INTELLIGENT BATTERIES
The intelligent ALM 12V35i batteries allow unprecedented monitoring and control of battery systems, eliminating the need for external
sensors and monitoring systems. Each ALM 12V35i maintains detailed information on battery and cell-level operation, including:
- Battery voltage and current
- Relative State of Charge (SOC)
- Cell voltage and temperatures
- Full charge and remaining capacity
- Cycle count
In addition, each ALM 12V35i allows user programmable thresholds and alarms for capacity, remaining time, under and over-voltage warnings, and temperature warnings. Battery activity, including time at different temperatures, is logged and available to the user. The ALM 12V35i’s management functions are accessible through CAN Bus or SMBus interfaces. The CAN Bus interface allows 40 or more batteries to be daisy-chained into one link, and may be connected to a wide variety of smart power system controllers used in telecommunications and other industrial power systems. The SMBus interface allows up to 8 daisy-chained batteries and is specifically designed for medical cart and UPS systems.
ALM 12V35 APPLICATIONS
Base stations, broadband nodes
Long cycle and float life supports stable or unstable grid applications
Low weight eases pole-top utilization
- UPS SYSTEMS
Uninterruptible power supplies in data center (server UPS), industrial, and office applications - wherever computers are used in critical applications. Also suitable for industrial automation
- MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
Increased backup functionality of medical devices in the indoor area, in the outdoor area ideal for the permanent operation of mobile devices without restrictions, thus significantly increasing the quality of patient care
- OFF-GRID POWER SYSTEMS
Off-grid power systems require fast and frequent charge and discharge cycles, often in harsh environments with portable requirements. The long life of the ALM 12V35, with all advantages, is ideal for these demanding applications: renewable energy such as wind energy systems, solar applications, mining, remote sensing, electronic traffic signs, lighting
- ELECTRIC MOBILITY
Wheelchairs, Scooters, E-bikes, Toys
Long cycle life, deep cycling, fast recharge, and light weight dramatically improve user experience